BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Wednesday 11 January 2023

Garden Twitch January 2023

Not been Birding for a while now. Covid put an end to it plus some other events but im hopefull to be able to make some more trips soon. But i am off to good start this Year. I was waiting for someone to pick me up me and drive me someplace as it was hammering down with rain as it had been for hours and hours i was looking out of my front window every now and then. I was doing this so when the person turned up in his car they would see me at the window and not have to get soaking wet by knocking on my front door. My eyes caught some movement along the small garden wall that seperates my garden from next doors. A small round black brown bird hopping about it then turned around to show its white breast area a White Throated Dipper in the garden. It searched this area for a few minutes then flew onto the top of the garden wall then flew off. A most unusual sighting for my location. As you can see in the photo, calling this area a garden requires a bit of imagination. Also this location is dry in the photo but at the time the Dipper was present that area was like a mini stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment